Production Night Shift Supervisor – Electrical (Ship Repair) – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Production Night Shift Supervisor – Electrical (Ship Repair) located in Halifax, NS.
- Supervise, co-ordinate, and assign work activities to multi-skilled crew of unionized trades team members
- Ensure work is progressing safely, efficiently and correctly in accordance with ship build schedule
- Co-ordinate scheduled and unscheduled work activities with other units within the production assembly hall
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train crew members in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Performance Manage assigned crew members
- Complete daily time entry for assigned crew members
- Prepare production and other reports
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
- Completion of relevant College Technical/Vocational Training
- Red Seal or equivalent desirable
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- 4+ years applicable trade work experience
- 5+ years Marine/Industrial work experience considered an asset
- Applicants should have a proven record of managing work in a safe and efficient manner
- Experience mentoring, training and/or coaching
- Proficient with Computers. Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, Kronos, Aviva considered an asset
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: