Production Supervisor, Pipe – Ship Repair – Halifax
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Production Supervisor, Pipe – Ship Repair in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This is a permanent full-time role.
The Production Supervisor, Pipe will lead and direct multi-disciplinary productions/operations crews. They need to be able to manage the activities of a large crew of 12-15 skilled trades people alongside hundreds of other skilled trades in a safe and efficient manner. Production Supervisors must be able to lead crews in the Shipyard but also in the naval dockyard, embedded with the client. The Supervisor’s work is underpinned on change management and the ability to find growth work quickly and be part of the solution, which is directly linked to customer value and company revenue. Each Production Supervisor is responsible to deliver aggressive production throughput targets each week, and will be responsible for meeting Production schedule requirements. They will be responsible for the safety of their crew and quality of the output of work. The Production Supervisor will assume full accountability for their area, and develop the team’s competency as part of continuous improvement efforts.
- Safety – Drive the safety culture and ensure procedures are followed and that no work commences without a DPS and Safe Start
- Participate in daily Production meetings to present and discuss information regarding job status and schedule progress
- Monitoring of Operations to ensure that priorities are maintained, and deliverables are met
- Support the execution of work across multiple trades: rigging, welding, fitting, outfitting, HVAC, mechanical and electrical
- Accountable for quality of Production documentation that is submitted to Document Control for archiving
- Assist the team with issue resolution and priority definition
- Report generation, development, and presentation
- Provide input on the overall build and repair strategy, influence the direction of the strategies to ensure that they satisfy milestone requirements
- Update production and schedule metrics on communications boards
- Exceeds objectives
- Sets commitments and always follows through on them; goes beyond “just getting it done”
- Proactively anticipates / manages risks and unexpected problems to consistently deliver results
- Improves business practices; upholds organizational values and encourages others to do the same
- Consistently seeks best practices, generates ideas, and implements solutions that make things better
- Consistently demonstrates innovation to “find a better way every day”
- Implements change initiatives and effectively influences others to drive commitment
- Anticipates and measures the effectiveness of changes initiatives; has plans in place to deliver business results
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Red seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter
- 5+ years of supervisory experience, with at least 2 years being in a Production environment – Ship building and Ship Repair is preferred
- 6+ years of applicable trade experience in shipbuilding, defence, manufacturing or a similar environment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: