Project Director – Russia
The object of work is the Modernization of Power Plant in the scope of
- 450 t/h gas boiler
- 80-90MW steam two times extraction condensing turbine
- 2 new 10kV (20MW&25MW) substation
- New 110kV substation (connection to the public grid)
- New 100MW 10/110kV transformer
- Provides strategic leadership and technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities.
- Manages the strategic aspects of large engagements and mitigates any risk.
- Oversees site manager, general area manager and discipline managers and managers working on specific process areas including also project director deputy.
- Reviews high-level deliverables across practice.
- Oversees budget pipeline development and budget monitoring
- Lends expertise to internal teams and task forces.
- Reviews status reports of Project Managers and Senior Managers.
- Ensures engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Reinforces team approach throughout practice both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Communicates effectively with the mill staff to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Does performance evaluations and development planning.
- Reviews management evaluations for consistency.
- Underlines to management the importance of performance evaluation programs.
- Contributes to selection and training of qualified project staff, assigning clear roles and responsibilities, providing effective supervision, and managing performance to ensure efficient operations
- Manages the development of project managers and assigns them tasks giving an opportunity to grow and develop.
- Reviews status reports of Project Managers and Senior Managers and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Enforces standard policies and procedures.
- Organizes and prepares monthly reports to the Steering Committee
- Higher engineering education;
- Knowledge, skills & experience in CAPEX projects (feasibility studies, business case development, pre-engineering)
- Knowledge & skills in project management tools (budget estimates, cost control & forecast, schedules and progress tracking, risk evaluation and control, project status reports, SteCo presentations, etc.)
- At least 5-7 years of international experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Safety culture awareness
- Good command of English (Russian is an advantage)
Business and personal characteristics
- Leadership abilities and ability to build effective relationships on different levels of organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and result-orientation
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Ability to manage teams with diverse backgrounds
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: