Project Engineer – Water Business Line – Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Project Engineer – Water Business Line.
- Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role on water and wastewater infrastructure projects. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- This individual will assist in the design, construction, and project management of a wide variety of projects comprising small- and large-scale water and wastewater infrastructure projects and civil site development. The core requirements for this role are strong technical capabilities covering all aspects of design specifically wastewater infrastructure design.
- Individual will have hands-on involvement in preparing reports or technical memos, studies, designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents.
- Participation in scheduling, budgeting, and contract administration for infrastructure projects is also part of the role, including involvement in business development and preparation of proposals. Individual will have significant interaction with clients, contractors, and sub-consultants. This position brings with it the potential for excellent career growth.
- Continues to learn, remains current and applies independent knowledge and interpretation about departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Company policies and procedures relative to assigned tasks
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Reviews lower-level engineering work or assignments
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on less complex projects
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on less complex projects
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Recognized as a technical specialist by the division having in-depth knowledge of an engineering process and/or of technical aspects of an industry
People Management – (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- Typically assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer. If not licensed in Texas, must obtain a Professional Engineer license in the State of Texas within one year of hire.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment, typical construction environment, potential for extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemical(s), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation), slips, trips and falls).
- Sitting, walking, talking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Communicates effectively
- Directs work
- Instills trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Organizational savvy
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: