Project Manager – Nova Scotia
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Project Manager located in Nova Scotia
As Project Manager you will be responsible for managing projects from planning and design through to the successful completion and commissioning of the projects. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering the projects on time, on budget and to specification, ensuring the projects achieve all project goals and objectives in accordance with the Company’s requirements and the corporate strategic intent for the portfolio.
- Manage the projects according to the Company’s operating model safely in compliance with agreed project scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Track project’s scope, schedule, and costs for changes. Lead the project internal resource teams and external EPCM service provider, run design reviews, and prepare change requests for any deviation, leading the approval process.
- Develop and implement mitigation plans for deviances in schedule/ budget/ deliverables as well as unanticipated occurrences and risks when required.
- Maintain a strategic focus for the project with frequent interaction with the Project Director, project teams, internal and external project stakeholders.
- Driving for project management best practices and efficient communication to create seamless and goal-oriented teamwork in projects.
- Ensure that project execution fulfils requirements of law, authorities and required permits.
- Maintain awareness of safety and environmental requirements.
- Reporting projects’ status according to agreed principles.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in Oil &Gas and energy or equivalent industry experience. Green ammonia experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of operating as a owner’s project manager
- Strong networking and communication skills are necessary to ensure efficient communication and information sharing between teams.
- Proven project management and leadership capabilities
- Evidence of solution-driven, effective, and efficient project management
- Track record of delivering construction/asset delivery projects to time and within allocated budget
- Project Management studies and certification such as PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an asset.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of contract administration, business principles and business law.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project Management software (MS Project, Primavera, etc.)
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter