Project Manager – USA
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Project Manager. This position will be carried out in Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska on a 2-year contract.
- As a Project Manager you will be responsible for managing a number of projects from planning and design through to the successful completion and commissioning of the projects. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering the projects on time, on budget and to specification, ensuring the projects achieve all project goals and objectives in accordance with the Company’s requirements and the corporate strategic intent for the portfolio.
- In this task your responsibilities will include leading and managing the project teams. Strong networking and communication skills are necessary to ensure efficient communication and information sharing between project teams, internal and external project stakeholders.
- During early stages of a project such as Pre-Study and Feasibility Study, the Project Manager support the effort to identify, evaluate, and select project alternatives by providing relevant project plans and execution expertise including project risk, schedule and cost management.
- During definition and execution phases the Project Manager is accountable for overall delivery of assigned projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage the projects according to the Company’s operating model safely in compliance with agreed project scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Ensuring and leading the project internal resource teams and external EPCM service provider.
- Track project’s scope, schedule and costs for changes. Prepare change requests for any deviation and lead the approval process.
- Maintain a strategic focus for the project with frequent interaction with the Development Manager and Project Owner.
- Driving for project management best practices and efficient communication in order to create seamless and goal-oriented teamwork in projects.
- Sharing project management best practices within the organization
- Develop and implement mitigation plans for deviances in schedule/ budget/ deliverables as well as unanticipated occurrences and risks when required.
- Ensure that project execution fulfils requirements of law, authorities and required permits
- Maintain awareness of safety and environmental requirements.
- Reporting projects’ status according to agreed principles.
- You will be part of our world class project management team, but you are expected to work independently, collaborating closely and networking easily with the project organizations in other Company locations as well.
- Relevant education such as M.Sc. or B.Sc. in engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Construction / Infrastructure sector / Industrial related projects
- Experience of logistics asset investment projects (e.g. tank terminals)
- Solid experience in collaborating, influencing and engaging diverse, internal and external stakeholder groups
- Evidence of solution-driven, effective and efficient project management
- Track record of delivering construction/asset delivery projects to time and within allocated budget
- Knowledge of operating as a owner’s project manager
- Project Management studies and certification such as PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of contract administration, business principles and business law.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter