Quality Control Inspector – Combat Systems – Halifax
Dovre Groups is pleased to present the following opportunity: Quality Control Inspector, Combat Systems – Shipbuilding located in Halifax, NS. This is a permanent full-time position.
- Inspecting all work to ensure adherence to SPECs, Standards and codes
- Liaise with our customer to ensure satisfaction and signoff for acceptance, complete all required documents for turnover to Canada
- Assist production to maintain first time right.
- Help maintain our ISO standard through monitoring and measuring of products and processes.
- Writing NCRs and CARs as required.
- Inspect all work in accordance with the Specifications and applicable hold points
- Complete all documentation required for turnover to our customer;
- Review Specifications and 1379’s to add hold points for production;
- Verify activities progressed as complete by production in the 98% report;
- Attend meeting to advise production on work status and assist with work planning.
- Technical Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Applicable trade certifications considered an asset
- ISO 9001 training an asset
- CWB, NACE, considered an asset
- 5 years’ experience in quality control in a Naval Ship Repair setting
- Computer knowledge with a focus on Microsoft office products;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to handle high pressure situations;
- Experience performing and participating in audits considered an asset;
- Experience writing and completing NCRs, CARs.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Our client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive relocation package
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: