Quality Control Inspector – Halifax
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Quality Control Inspector (Electrical, Mechanical or Steel) located in Halifax, NS.
- Generate and maintain the quality records in support of the Inspection and Test Plan
- Read and interpret production drawings and specifications – to identify quality requirements
- Work with Production staff to include conduct inspections, including in confined spaces and aloft
- Support customer inspections
- Document any Non-conformances in the NCR database
- Co-ordinate NDE activities Conduct unit, block erection and system final inspections (INSs)
- Understanding of weld processes, symbols and testing requirements
- Technical Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Applicable trade certifications considered an asset
- ISO 9001 training an asset
- CWB, NACE, considered an asset
- 5 years’ experience in quality control in a Naval Ship Repair setting
- Computer knowledge with a focus on Microsoft office products
- Strong communication skills with the ability to handle high pressure situations
- Experience performing and participating in audits considered an asset
- Experience writing and completing NCRs, CARs.
What We Offer:
- Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Job ID: #29982