Reliability Engineer – Northern Canada
Dovre Groups is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Reliability Engineer in Northern Canada
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent, the Reliability Engineer will be responsible for the developing and implementation of proactive reliability solutions as well as tracking equipment failures and developing solutions that will minimize unscheduled equipment downtime. Conducts analysis to determine the reliability of components, equipment and processes. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations and reports to define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvement. Investigates reliability problems and determines the required reliability approach for a particular solution, with consideration given to cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs and weight size, and availability of materials/equipment.
- Organize and manage reliability improvement projects from initial concept development charter to final commissioning and close-out
- Oversee and establish Reliability initiative analyzing asset life cycle costing, process, and equipment data
- Plan and perform engineering research, design development, engineering assessments influenced by reliability principles
- Troubleshoot and solve repetitive maintenance failures to improve maintenance efficiency as assigned
- Organizing, cleansing, analyzing and transforming data (i.e. downtime, cycle time analysis, etc.) into useful information to drive decisions and provide recommendations for improvement opportunities
- Analyzing data to identify trends and patterns and developing KPI’s and reports for management team on equipment performance
- Prepare equipment technical assessment reports using machine health technologies
- Provide support to the operations, maintenance and planning teams and will attend daily toolbox meetings and weekly planning meetings
- Organize, Facilitate, develop and communicate root cause analysis of equipment failures and assist in the identification and implementation of corrective actions or technologies
- Support tradesmen by providing guidance and training when requested
- Focus upon reliability improvements to enhance productivity, increase revenue, enhance safety and reduce cost, consistent with the strategic direction of the company.
- Act as a change agent to instill an operational excellence, performance improvement culture throughout the organization
- Develop equipment and component standards and performance requirements as required
- Perform various project administration tasks, including coordinating meetings, taking meeting minutes, forwarding communication releases, and perform maintenance of project tracking logs (i.e. issues, change control, etc.) in order to satisfy project management processes
- Monitor department machinery to ensure equipment functions as designed to result in maximum equipment reliability and operating efficiency
- Support the promotion of a safe work place and a health & safety program
- Research new reliability processes and identify new materials or equipment on the market to help improve business objectives
- Assist in development of area inspection plans, both running and shutdown
- Participate in review of new equipment requirements and standards
- Proactively develop and provide safety perspective for equipment and processes, make recommendations of Engineering solutions and methods to eliminate hazards
- Provide recommendations of equipment strategies that are engineered to maximize site-wide asset performance while continuously aligning daily functions
- Provide recommendations to improve maintenance strategies utilizing reliability and maintenance tools, including Reliability centered maintenance, Root cause failure analysis, failure modes effects and criticality analysis and risk based inspection.
- Designs and develops new and unique engineering methods and procedures, special equipment, innovative test procedures, and special analysis of Failure techniques and communicates these advanced concepts in detailed technical reports that are used to educate the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 3-5 years experienced – fixed plan and/or mobile equipment maintenance and reliability experience in a mining or industrial setting
- MMP and/or CMRP Certification preferred
- P.Eng designation required
- Strong working knowledge of maintenance, planning, and Operations
- Experience of maintenance and reliability processes including including PM’s, PdM’s and asset health management;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and SAP applications
- Experience in open pit mining preferred, Arctic experience beneficial.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Strong experience in maintenance and reliability engineering required
- Experience with development and implementation of Reliability programs and metrics such as OEE, MTBF, MTTR in a mining or industrial environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills at both strategic and functional levels
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter
Senior 360 Recruiter