Security Assurance Specialist – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Security Assurance Specialist. This is a permanent full-time role located in Halifax, NS.
- Conduct inspections and verifications of administrative, physical, procedural, and technical / design security mechanisms.
- Draft reports regarding inspection planning, coordination, conduct and outcomes for use as evidence with respect to the security assurance case for the CSC ship.
- Assess the impact of findings in those reports, in terms of security risk, potential safety hazards, impacts on operations, quality and cost.
- Provide interface with Supply Chain and Design for Build teams to ensure Security Assurance process aligns and influences procurement and production processes.
- Provide interface with the Quality Management team to support the Quality objectives of the project.
- Make recommendations with respect to the identification, assessment, and automation of data collection in the context of continuous improvement and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Math, Computer Science, Business Management or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Security Assurance.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Security management
- Systems Security Engineering
- Principles of Security Inspection
- Security Risk Assessment
- Process Management / Assurance
- Quality Management
- Problem solving skills and ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Systems Engineering experience
- Additional post-secondary education in Security Management
- Security certification as a Professional Certified Investigator (CPI)
- Certification in Quality Management
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Experience on a major defence program
- Experience working with the Canadian Armed Forces
- Security system design (i.e. physical protection systems, network security, ITSEC etc.)
- Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) and/or Co-ordination
- Threat and Risk Assessment (E.g. HTRA, NIST 800-30 etc.)
- Manufacturing and Construction Processes
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: