Senior Accountant – Dartmouth, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Senior Accountant located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. This is a permanent full-time role.
- The primary function for this role is to provide accurate and timely accounting functions for the business. This will be achieved primarily through:
- Preparing reports and maintaining ledgers
- Monitoring, assessing, analyzing, and reviewing costs and expenditures
- Preparing weekly and period reports
- Providing periodic variance reporting requirements
- Responsible for gathering appropriate documentation for internal and external auditors
- Providing support for additional finance functions such as financial analysis, corporate reporting, etc.
- Other ad-hoc requests as required
- Post-secondary Education completion, with 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- Excellent communication, problem solving, critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with management
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work as a team.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated competency in assessing, working through, and resolving accounting issues
- Demonstrated commitment to your ongoing professional development
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: