Senior Accountant – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Senior Accountant located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This is a permanent full-time role.
- Providing accurate and timely accounting functions for the business
- Preparing reports and maintaining ledgers
- Monitoring, assessing, analyzing, and reviewing costs and expenditures
- Preparing weekly and period reports
- Providing periodic variance reporting requirements
- Gathering appropriate documentation for internal and external auditors
- Providing support for additional finance functions such as financial analysis, corporate reporting, etc.
- Other ad-hoc requests as required
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation is required
- Education: University degree
- Experience: 5 years’ related experience with a strong accounting background
- Demonstrated competency in assessing, working through, and resolving accounting issues
- Experience working with management
- Experience managing people
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work as a team.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to your ongoing professional development
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: