Senior Contract Specialist – Lysaker
Work Location: Lysaker
Start Date: ASAP – 31.12.2021
General description of scope
Overall responsible for day to day contract management and all contractual matters related to the contract with the customer. Advisor to all members of the project/tender team on commercial and contractual issues.
Additional scope information
Must be able to take responsibility for subcontract management when required.
General: Project execution tasks will be performed as part of a project team, in close cooperation with all other project functions and with the legal counsel responsible for the specific project/customer/business area. Tasks may vary depending on the scope and complexity of each tender. Additionally, the contracts resource may be assigned to act as “commercial manager” on a project, taking on additional responsibility for coordination of other functions.
• Being overall responsible for day to day contract management and all contractual matters related to the contract with the customer the contracts resource shall act as an advisor to all members of the project team on commercial and contractual issues.
• Ensure that proper contract compliance and contract administration is maintained in the project.
• Ensure that contracts and commercial risks are identified, properly evaluated and mitigated.
• Drive the identification of variation orders to ensure company gets the commercial benefit of all opportunities/entitlements under the contract. Overall responsible for all contractual and commercial issues related to management of variation orders, including management of variation order logs and systems.
• Cooperate with sourcing/procurement and act as contractual advisor/expert in relation to all contract, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to subcontractors and suppliers for the project. If required, assist in handling of variations, claims and final accounts related to subcontractors and suppliers.
• Assist in preparation of project reports.
• Preparation of contractual/commercial input for internal and external reporting.
• Preparation and follow-up of inter-company orders.General contract work and project contract support.
A. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/FORMAL EDUCATION:
• Masters preferred, or bachelor economics, contracts, legal, technical or commercial
Work experience can compensate for lack of formal competency)
B. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Fluent verbal and written English
• Understanding inter-disciplinary relations and requirements
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Negotiations skills and experience
• High level of integrity and ethics
• Good collaboration skills and an ability to work independently and systematically
• Advanced problem solving skills related to functional area, understanding business impact on overall business
C. REQUIRED CERTIFICATE(S):
D. REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Leadership aspirations
• Drive performance
• Demonstrates commitments, willpower and courage to deliver on promises
• Demonstrate Integrity
• Demonstrates personal accountability by taking responsibility for both successes and mistakes
• Displays a high degree of self-awareness and willingness to change as a result of feedback
• Promotes cross-unit collaboration and common goals
E. REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS AND/OR PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS:
• Have a clear understanding and knowledge of Change Management scope, and the sub-areas of responsibility
• Good understanding and experience of Change Management and what it takes to succeed
• Awareness in handling complex Change Management processes
F. REQUIRED MANAGERIAL SKILLS
• Leadership aspirations
Nice to have:
• Ability to engage and inspire
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager