Senior Contracts Engineer – Stavanger
Work Location: Stavanger
Duration: ASAP – 6 months (assignment may be extended for another 6 months)
The Senior Contracts Engineer will report to CP Manager Linnorm as part of a project centric organization. Key interfaces: CP Manager Linnorm, Contract Holders, HSSE, QA, Finance, Project Services and the key Contractor representatives. Secondary interfaces are Engineers, Contract Owners as well as partners, and central CP resources.
1. The position is intended to focus on main contractor and in particular Topsides, procurement and fabrication.
2. Focus areas:
a competitive contract strategy, FEED and execution, delivering through coordination of the project team effort towards the contract holders, the CP team and other key project team members and the contractors.
proactively coordinate scope and required changes with the project team and work with the Linnorm team to deliver the target costs set for the team and sustainable and credible costs for the Execution Phase.
take lead in establishing robust Contract management and tactics to protect value for the project.
have a Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices, Contractor HSSE practices and QA in close liaison with HSSE and QA. Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
3. It is key that this position maintains a commercial focus, deliver competitive results and build strong collaborative and constructive relationships internally and with contractors.
4. While Linnorm shall be the main purpose of this position support to other Capital Projects may be required.
• An ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships with the project, business, key functions and across CP is essential.
• Influencing skills are key with shown ability to translate into commercial results with track record. Being driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner verbally and written.
• Relevant degree or higher education equivalent with extensive experience in the energy business
• Driving improved performance in areas of Ethics & Compliance and HSSE.
• Experience across the supply chain with emphasis on capital projects/ contracting.
• Change management experience.
• Skills in motivating and driving new ways of working, continuous improvement and simplification into an organization by fostering positive engagement and drive for collective delivery and success.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Linn Tove Vatne
Key Account Manager