Senior Electrical Engineer – Hydropower – Sacramento, CA
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Senior Electrical Engineer – Hydropower
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer supporting Hydropower projects in their Sacramento, CA office. As an employee-owned, global leader in building critical infrastructure in the energy, water, telecommunications and government services markets, our client has a long-standing reputation for providing world-class service to our clients. Our client has delivered hydropower solutions worldwide for more than 40 years. They’ve produced results on nearly 500 projects and more than 50,000 megawatts in hydropower design. A track record like that can only be achieved by meeting the toughest budgets under the tightest schedules. That formula helps them meet the goal they share with all clients – maximum return on their infrastructure investment. They’re committed to finding clean, green power alternatives. Their expertise ranges from studies and valuations to optimizing existing operations. Our client can handle full services for facilities that range from the smallest to the largest in capacity.
Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
- Design Electrical Engineer on Hydropower and Hydraulic Structure Projects
- Coordination with multidiscipline teams including peer engineering and BIM+ technical staff in global regional design centers and local office
- Development of electrical drawing deliverables including single line diagrams, schematics, interconnection diagrams, and equipment layouts
- Development of electrical equipment specifications and Bills of Materials for procurement and construction
- Attend on-site meetings, investigate existing conditions, provide support during construction.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office business systems such as ProjectWise, electrical engineering software, such as ETAP, and Computer Aided Drafting Tools, such as AutoCAD to view and manipulate engineering drawing files
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- 11+ years of experience working as an electrical engineer
- Detailed electrical design engineering experience working for 5 or more industrial or electric utility clients
- Experience with hydraulic structures, hydropower or related industrial infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with power system analysis software (SKM, ETAP, Easy Power)
- Experience or interest in on-site assessments and construction inspections preferred
- Client-facing and proactive communication skills both written and verbal.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 11 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Typical office environment. May be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 30 degrees for periods of more than one hour), extreme heat (temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than one hour), hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffold
- Communicates effectively
- Directs work
- Instills trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Organizational savvy
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: