Senior Internal Auditor – Ontario
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following employment opportunity: Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit, the Senior Internal Auditor assists in execution of the annual audit plan including financial, operational, risk management and compliance audits. The Senior auditor will also assist (or lead) the execution of the planning, fieldwork and reporting of assigned audits.
- Execute audit engagements under the guidance of the Director, Internal Audit and in accordance with Internal Audit methodology and the IIA Standards of Professional Practice. Types of audit engagements include Financial Accounting & Reporting, IT and Operational Audits.
- Effectively plan, design and execute audits with minimal supervision.
- Contribute to efforts to meet compliance with NI 52-109 and Sections 302 and 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) relating to the periodic evaluation of internal control over financial reporting.
- Identify control gaps and analyze the impact of findings on financial, regulatory, legal, and compliance requirements and/or operational efficiency.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of control design and effectiveness, working with control process owners to develop remedial action plans/recommendations to address control design weaknesses, and following up to ensure remediation has been implemented.
- Communicate identified control gaps clearly in writing and verbally to all levels of management, business stakeholders, and the audit committees, as applicable.
- Support the quarterly control confirmation and sub-certification process for the CEO/CFO Certification program.
- Test operating effectiveness of controls, preparing work papers and supporting documentation summarizing the results of test procedures performed.
- Perform substantive testing to support stated audit objectives.
- Draft effective audit reports which clearly articulate risk exposure and control recommendations to mitigate identified risks.
- University or Post-Graduate degree (Commerce)
- Professional accounting or risk management designation is required (e.g. CPA, CIA/CISA, CRMC).
- 3-5 years of audit experience.
- SAP audit experience is an asset.
- NI 52-109/SOX/IFRS experience is a must.
- Experience conducting operational audits is an asset.
- Strong Risk and/or Compliance background.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter