Senior Marine Engineer – Asker
Work Location: Asker
Num pos: 4
• Be a member within marine engineering and operations discipline
• Perform engineering related to marine operations, i.e. fabrication and assembly methods, load-out, sea transportation (wet tow, barge and Heavy Transport Vessel), heavy lift operations inshore and offshore, load transfer operations etc.
• Perform hydrostatic/stability, hydrodynamic and mooring analyses
• Perform conceptual and detail design of temporary steel for marine operations, i.e. grillage & sea-fastening, lift points, guides & bumpers etc.
• Write engineering reports as well as procedures for marine operations
• Prepare marine subcontracts
• Interfacing with other disciplines, T&I contractors/subcontractors, marine warranty surveyor and client
• Follow up marine operations at construction site and offshore
Bachelor or Master Degree – Marine Engineering/Naval architecture
Required Work Experience:
• Experience within Offshore Wind / Oil & Gas marine and/or structural engineering in EPCI projects
• Minimum 5-10 years experience
• Preferably experience with concept development work
• Experienced in hydrodynamic, mooring and structural analyses
• Knowledge of methods, technologies, and equipment for Marine operations
• Market knowledge of existing players, vessels and equipment for marine operations
• Experienced, proactive and informative
• Competence and interest in conceptual work and development including development of associated documents
• Be a team player and be able to work independently and take lead
• Multidiscipline understanding
• Good knowledge of rules and regulations for marine operations
• Broad knowledge and experience with use of IT-tools
• High level of personal efficiency, ability to plan the work tasks and produce deliverables and documentation
• High loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing.
• Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager