Senior Material Engineer – Stavanger
Work Location: Stavanger
Contract Period: 02.08.2021 – 31.12.2022
• Perform material selection and corrosion evaluation for Topside projects and ensure timely delivery and execution.
• Prepare Material Selection report, Surface Protection report and Insulation report.
• Prepare other project specific material reports like Erosion report, CP design reports etc.
• Review fabrication procedures, inspection procedures, paint & coating procedures, welding and NDE procedures.
• Follow up vendors of procurement packages.
• Participate in supplier visits to ensure material quality and adherence to requirements.
• Provide general support on material, NDT, welding insulation and coating/painting.
• Communicate with clients and vendors on material, welding, NDT and coating related issues.
• Evaluate material deviations from current regulations, procedures, requirements etc. and defining relevant
recovery actions related to any deviations.
• Subject responsibility for material related TQ’s and NCR’s.
• Establish technical requisition and MTO for coating package.
• Review material related as built documentation.
• Guidance and evaluation of material and corrosion related failure mechanisms.
• Perform offshore surveys if necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering or similar discipline.
• Qualifications in Painting, NDT and Welding preferred
Required Work Experience:
• Preferably 5 to 10 years of experience from offshore related industry.
• Knowledge in relevant standards such as NACE, ISO, API, ASTM, ASME and NORSOK standards.
• Experience and understanding of multi-discipline tasks, encompassing a range of disciplines, e.g. process, safety,
mechanical, piping, structural and instrument disciplines.
• Experience in QA/QC of fabrications, including welding, Painting and NDT technique.
• Experience with Piping Materials such as LCS, SS, DSS, SDSS and Titanium.
• Have technical knowledge to piping and equipment insulation. Be able to review sub-contractors Welding,
NDE, Painting and insulations procedure specification (IPS) and ensure adherence to company requirements
• Have good communication skills in English and Norwegian (preferably) both orally and in writing.
• Have a cooperative working attitude.
• Be systematic and accurate.
• Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
Required Certificates – NA
Det er ikke pr. dags dato definert et behov for offshore survey, men dette kan det muligens bli behov for i fremtiden.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Linn Tove Vatne
Key Account Manager