Senior Oracle/DB Application Developer – Montreal, QC
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Senior Oracle/DB Application Developer located in Montreal, QC.
* This role requires you to report to the office a minimum of three days per week starting day one of employment
Reporting to the Manager and Lead Developer, the Senior Oracle Application Developer will address business requirements, build innovative software solutions, and help transform some of the current applications and platforms. The role will require a DevOps mindset and practices, to be able to develop, deploy and support the end-to-end system when issues arise. In this role, you will collaborate with a team of highly skilled people, all with experience using various technologies, frameworks, and approaches. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively while also learning from and incorporating the ideas of others.
Bilingualism in both English and French would be appreciated.
What you will do:
The Senior Oracle Application Developer write, test, document, and package code ready to deliver for existing system components with the help of team members and with respect to established coding guidelines and practices and other technical processes already in place.
- Manages the technical design, development and maintenance of applications and systems using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Participates in the development of coding practices, guidelines and all technical processes and ensures they are followed by less experienced Developers.
- Participates in gathering, managing, and analyzing requirements to design new application and system features.
- Is responsible for overall estimates produced by himself or less experienced Developers on a team for all technical work.
- Ability to review functional and technical requirements, raising potential issues and participating actively in design discussions with stakeholders.
- Oversee and guide the execution of projects using Lean and Continuous Delivery methods
- Vast experience with RDBMS – Oracle Database, MS SQL, Postgres SQL and its programming language
- Extensive experience with DB Design, implementation, management and deployment of Oracle Packages, Procedures, Function, Triggers, User Defined Types.
- Proficient in writing PL/SQL procedures with experience using Cursors, Collections, Nested Tables, Bulk Processing, etc.
- Ability to create and modify all Oracle Data Definition Language (DDL) such as tables, indexes, constraints, packages, procedures, functions, views, synonyms, sequences, etc.
- Loading of data with SQL Loader/Data Pump
- Extensive Experience with C and Embedded SQL (Pro*C)
- Experience with Shell and multiple scripting languages (Perl, Python, PHP etc.)
- Experience with Object Orientated languages such as Java.
- Worked under Linux, Unix and/or environments alike.
- Worked with tools such as: TOAD, Bitbucket, Jira, Service Now, Git, Confluence, Eclipse Azure Data Factory (ADF) and ETL,
- Worked with Web and Application Servers such as WebLogic, Apache Tomcat.
- Knowledge of JDBC, ODBC
Who you are:
- Familiarity with telecommunication domain
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to apply software development principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Strong technical writing skill, team player and good communication skills.
- Creative thinker able to resolve complex issues and willing to take initiative.
- Enthusiastic & energetic in meeting/exceeding objectives and goals
- Professional programming certification in relation to Oracle Application Developer is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Telecommunications, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline related to job description.
- Minimum 12+ years of professional experience, with RDBMS and Query languages
What we offer:
The client’s workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. It is a place of change and constant improvement, where we’re always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too. And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonuses, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world-class learning.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: