Senior Procurement Specialist – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following employment opportunity: Senior Procurement Specialist located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This is a permanent full-time role.
The successful candidate will oversee the following activities:
Integrated sourcing initiatives including:
- Development and implementation of category sourcing strategies.
- Analysis of market/supply conditions (e.g., availability, pricing, lead-times, and capacity).
Pre-contract activity including:
- Requirement definition and contracting strategy.
- Supplier Qualification, tender process, RFI, RFP, RFQ with vendors.
- Tender evaluations / supplier selection.
Contract management including:
- Development and execution of contracting plan.
- Negotiation, execution and management of Equipment and Service contracts, direct with Tier 1 and Tier 2 OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
Supplier Performance management including
- Supplier quality, cost, and delivery.
- Risk identification and management within contract portfolio.
- Purchase Order generation in support of strategic supplier activities.
Continuous improvement activities including:
- Program stakeholder engagement (Engineering, Program Management, Finance).
- Key Performance Indicator development and monitoring.
- Development and refinement of supply chain processes.
- Cost analysis for direct material and services.
- Education Required: University Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering or suitable combination of Education and related experience.
- 7+ years of progressive Procurement and/or Contract Management experience.
- Experience in Shipbuilding and/or Defense industries strongly preferred; and/or pertinent experience in large-scale engineering/manufacturing environments.
- International contracting experience with Tier 1 OEMs for Marine/Naval, Defense and/or Aerospace sectors preferred.
- Demonstrated results leading negotiations and managing high-value, complex contracts.
- Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation (e.g. SCMP, MCIPS, ISM, P. Log.) considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Previous exposure to market analytics and insights.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package, include but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within the organization and its larger network of companies.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter