Senior Project Control Professional – Oslo
Work location: Oslo
Duration: 01.08.21- 31.12.22
The Project Controls Lead – Digitalisation scope provides direct support to project management in ensuring that the project obtains project controls support needed to achieve business and project goals and objectives. Provides functional guidance and mentoring to a team of project controls specialists. The Project Control Lead is responsible for the development of project control tools, systems, training, implementation, and follow-up to ensure proper utilization..
Purpose of the position:
• Be single point of contact for Project Manager and Project Control Manager with regards to the project control of the digitalisation part of the project.
• Roles and Responsibilities
• Drive high quality performance within project control disciplines
Leads the development and implementation of project control plans, systems, procedures and tools including:
• Gathering and applying project controls best practices and lessons learned
• Project cost and schedule development and its implementation throughout project.
• Work Breakdown Structures for the project.
• Progress and performance measurement practices and timelines
• Cost control and forecasting methods and planning and scheduling practices
• Evaluation of Contractor/s project control procedures and processes and integration into the Company project controls environment.
• Collecting, consolidating, analyzing, and reporting of project scope, cost and schedule control information to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas identified for corrective action.
• Project Reports including key performance measures to track/report progress and trends.
• Project Management of Change processes.
• WIP (work in place) reporting and updating of monthly cost reports with actuals and commitments.
• Ensures ongoing effectiveness of project controls processes and systems.
• Provides training, mentoring and ongoing project controls guidance to project team members
• Internal and external project stakeholder communication and review materials
• Project Management System deliverables as applicable to project controls
• Participates in:
• Project Procurement, Contracting, and Contract Administration activities to ensure they align with project controls processes and overall project objectives
• Independent project reviews and audits
• BSc/MSc. in Engineering / Economics / Management or equivalent education
Essential experience and job requirements
• Ability to engage and lead a team of professionals
• Expertise and deep competence in his/her specialist area of Project Control and broad and integrated, general knowledge of a range of the other project control and project management disciplines
• Understanding of project control tools and methods
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
• Experience from IT and digitalisation projects is a requirement
• Have a genuine interest for digital solutions and technology
• Good IT understanding
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager