Senior project engineer electrical – Oslo
Work Location: Oslo and Bergen
Contract Period: 01.09.2021 – 31.08.2022
As project engineer you are accountable for delivery in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, cost estimates and safety requirements of the project. You provide technical support for engineering, testing, installation and commissioning activities and acts as a technical specialist with good knowledge on electrical systems.
In this role, you work close with the project management team, the project engineering team, suppliers and customers.
It is natural for you to coach, support and advise both colleagues, customers and suppliers.
• Engineering & Design of electrical distribution plants, including medium and low voltage switchboards, transformers, rotating equipment, high voltage equipment and more.
• Design solutions and follow up specifications according to customer’s requirements.
• Implement customer functional requirements into company’s products.
• Follow up and execute review and upgrade-activities in projects The position involves work together with Norwegian and internationals customers and vendors therefore some travelling must be expected.
B.Sc. or M.Sc. or equivalent in Electric Power Engineering Fluent in Norwegian as this is required to fulfill contractual requirements with our customers, Able to communicate in English verbal and written.
Team player and service minded
Eager to learn and develop yourself and your colleagues Can combine theoretical knowledge and practical skills
Required Competence and Experience:
You preferably have a previous experience as a Senior Engineer in electrical projects, where your scope has covered most of the following
• Medium Voltage packages (AIS and GIS. 5-22kV)
• Low Voltage switchboards.
• Dry type transformers.
• Knowledge of multifunction protection relays & their role in a power system is a must.
• Knowledge to electrical control networks (IEC 61850).
It is a major benefit if you are familiar with interfacing electrical equipment with automation systems. Experience with “hands-on” programming/testing and commissioning of protection relays for HV and LV (experience as commissioning-engineer) is a benefit.
As our projects stretch from early concept evaluations to retrofit on existing plants we appreciate candidates with experience in study projects and / or FEED.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager