Senior Structural Engineer 6 – Markham, ON
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Senior Structural Engineer 6 located in Markham, ON.
Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role.
Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Company policies
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Independently applies knowledge and ensures compliance with the Company’s quality program
- Establishes related processes, and promotes a culture that is conducive to quality
- Provides guidance and direction to others
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Develops and applies advanced engineering solutions to complex problems
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments
- Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for projects
- Establishes work plan to be applied to a given project
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on complex projects
- Typically responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines
- Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects
- Focuses on client’s current needs and situations
- May offer other services to the client
- Typically provides support to business development or pursuit
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 11 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit.
- Written Communications.
- Drive For Results.
- Priority Setting.
- Directing Others.
- Conflict Management.
- Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Building Effective Teams.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: