Sr. Civil/Geotechnical Engineer – Water, Heavy Civil Practice – Toronto, ON
Dovre Canada is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Sr. Civil/Geotechnical Engineer – Water, Heavy Civil Practice in Toronto, ON.
This position will be responsible for providing engineering and construction related planning, design, analysis, oversight and studies for domestic and international geotechnical and Heavy Civil projects.
This role will also function as technical specialist supporting project and pursuit teams on Heavy Civil projects. With minimal supervision, apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods and may supervise multi-discipline engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity and is responsible for execution of assigned projects.
- Support geotechnical and Heavy Civil Business Line projects including Tunnels, Dams, Buried Infrastructure, linear infrastructure and Hydro Practice Pursuits
- Performs site visits of on-going construction work and overseeing geotechnical field investigations, may require up to 30% field work.
- Prepares design materials for basic design assignments. This includes basic analysis, design calculations, equipment research, sketches, etc., required to prepare documents, specifications drawings or to meet other project requirements.
- Reviews manufacturer’s drawings with respect to client design criteria; marks for conformance.
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables.
- Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments. Prepares design sketches for drafting and incorporation into design criteria.
- Develops preliminary layouts and other plans.
- Coordinates, as assigned, design with other personnel working on same project to minimize design conflicts.
- Performs special studies or analyses of specific portions of a project; study includes research, investigation or coordination.
- Coordinates with personnel in other departments, project managers and client personnel to review designs and resolve areas of concern.
- May supervises the engineering work of assigned Drafters, Designers, and subordinate Engineers. This includes work assignments, scheduling and review.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for an assigned portion of a major project or the total project of moderate scope.
- Develops alternate methods, techniques or design concepts as required to resolve unique design problems.
- 8 years of experience performing engineering related duties with previous experience in Tunneling, Dams, Buried Infrastructure, Linear Infrastrucure and/or Hydropower.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: