Structural Engineer 1- Nuclear – Ontario – Remote
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Structural Engineer 1- Nuclear.
As a Structural Engineer on Nuclear Projects, you will perform engineering analysis and design on a variety of structures at a nuclear facility. Under close supervision, performs engineering functions requiring knowledge and experience in engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments. Highly prefer professional in Ontario, but open to professional who is located anywhere in Canada.
- Develops familiarity by reading, understanding, and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Company policies and procedures
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Develops an understanding and complies with the Company’s quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope
- Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Shares information with others as requested
- Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client’s main interests and drivers
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
- Basic structural steel and concrete experience using 3D analysis and design software such as RISA 3D, GT Strudl and ANSYS (or demonstrates ability to learn through course material).
- Basic foundation design experience using analysis and design software such as L-Pile, RISA Foundation, SP-Mats, and SP-Col (or demonstrates ability to learn through course material).
- Solid experience using EXCEL or similar spreadsheets and MathCAD design templates.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Decision quality
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Informing, Listening,
- Dealing with Ambiguity
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: