Structural Engineer 6 – Canada – Virtual
Dovre Canada is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Structural Engineer 6 – Nuclear – Canada Virtual
As a Structural Engineer on Nuclear Projects, you will perform engineering analysis and design on a variety of structures at a nuclear facility. May function as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Independently develop and apply advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity. May serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise. May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
Preference to professionals located in Ontario, Canada. Although will consider professionals who are located anywhere in Canada. Must be a Canadian Citizen and have P. Eng License. Initial duration of the project work will be 6 months and could turn into more of a long term opportunity pending business needs.
- Proactively provide guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and client policies. Assist in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards. Provide technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Independently applies knowledge and ensure compliance with client quality program. Establish related processes, and promotes a culture that is conducive to quality. Provide guidance and direction to others. Support continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Prepare a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects. Perform complex research and develop recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Oversee collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work. Prepare complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles. Manage assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Develop and apply advanced engineering solutions to complex problems. Review lower-level engineering work or assignments. Responsible for one or more of the following: leading production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for projects. Establish work plan to be applied to a given project.
- Actively coordinate with all other internal/external team members on complex projects. Typically responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines
- Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects. Communicate client interests and drivers to project team members and develop approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects. Focus on client’s current needs and situations. May offer other services to the client. Typically provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation & Technology:
- Serve as a technical specialist and have knowledge and skill sets to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area. Typically support multiple projects with complex technical challenges. Actively foster knowledge management and provide mentoring. Develop and apply advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. As a subject matter expert, have additional expertise in a technical area, participate in professional societies by presenting papers, participate on technical committees, and assist with code/standard authoring. Externally recognized in the industry as an expert.
- Typically oversee performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions
- Implement resource management strategy. Manage engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline. Resolve resource conflicts and identifies training needs
- Administrative responsibilities may include office administration. Ensure policies, procedures, and processes are effectively implemented and communicated for workgroup. Ensure adherence to corporate and division programs. May approve timesheets and expense reports
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Basic structural steel and concrete experience using 3D analysis and design software such as RISA 3D, GT Strudl and ANSYS.
- Basic foundation design experience using analysis and design software such as L-Pile, RISA Foundation, SP-Mats, and SP-Col.
- Solid experience using EXCEL or similar spreadsheets and MathCAD design templates.
- Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Building Effective Teams
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: