Structural lead hull – Stavanger
Work location: Stavanger or Oslo
Duration: 01.09.2021 – 30.08.2024
Option period 4 x 3 months
Role and responsibilities;
• Lead the structural discipline in FEED and execution phase
• Follow up analysis and design of the hull structure
• Secure technical integrity and barriers in design and execution within structural discipline
• Ensure compliance with relevant standards, regulations and technical requirements
• Follow up Contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule
Tasks and deliveries;
• Perform risk-based follow-up of Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule. Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
• Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. Design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs, risk register.
• Provide input to procurement activities within own discipline e.g. ITT documentation and process, equipment packages, long lead items, company provided items (CPI) as applicable.
• Contribute to planning and executing assurance activities. In particular, in execution phase, establish and follow up contract for 3rd party verification of load-bearing structures.
• Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues in a timely manner.
• Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
• During execution, support construction field engineers and take responsibility for decisions within own discipline within set timeframes, e.g. interdisciplinary input, handling of queries (TW/SQ/CQ).
• Handle relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG and contract (non-conformance requests (NCRs)/DISP) within set timeframes.
• Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
• Ensure experience transfer between projects, operations and discipline network.
• MSc in relevant technical area
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
• Good structural analysis and design knowledge
• Familiar with recognized structural analysis software tools
• Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards, including Maritime regulations.
• Experience from relevant phases of development process
• Fabrication experience is an advantage
• Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
• Strong SSU focus
• Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”)
• Team player.
• Language requirements English
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
As the Norwegian borders still are closed due to Covid, only applicants located in Norway or in Green EU countrieswill be evaluated for this position.
In addition it’s mandatory with experience from Norwegian projects ( NCS)
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager