Subcontracts/Vendor Lead – Dubai
Role Summary: The Subcontracts and Vendor Lead reporting to Contracts and Procurement Manager will be an integral part of Contract & Procurement Team, working collaboratively within the AIP organisation, systems, procedures, and methods and ensuring compliance to contractual requireemnsta dn project objectives.. He/she is accountable for the management of all vendor/suppliers subcontracts throughout the project cycle upto handover to operations, ensuring compliance with all contractual rights and obligations, including internal and external HSSEQ requirements for provisions of goods and services across the Project. Further, documentation and management all contractual communications, compliance and resolution of disputes shall be done in close co-operation with PMT including AIP’s legal team and management. Subcontractos and Vendor Lead will also provide contract induction and guidance to the PMT to ensure alignment on vendor/supplier’s obligations/compliance status
Ensure that all vendor and subcontracting activities are carried out in conformance with laws and regulations, contractual requirements, and the Altera Infrastructure Management System.
– Ensure that all subcontract management activities in the Project are performed in accordance with client specific requirements, relevant rules and regulations, including but not limited to, national and international anti-corruption legislation and Altera Infrastructure Code of Conduct.
– Ensure that the Contracts and Purchase Orders are managed in accordance with the agreed contractual terms and conditions and that Company’s interests and risks are always protected
– Act as focal point within the Project for Subcontracts/Vendor contractual and performance/delivery matters
– Ensure vendor/subcontracts terms are back-to-back (as far as practical) with client contracts
– Develop and manage the Project Subcontract Plan and interface towards the Project Execution Plan.
– Develop and drive strategic subcontracting strategies according to Project Subcontracting Plan and contractiual requirements
– Lead commercial and technical negotiations with vendors and subcontractors
– Draft and develop subcontracts terms including main T&Cs (terms and conditions)/ scope of work/delivery schedule/deliverables/payment plans etc
– Monitor vendors and subcontractors performance (including budget control, schedule and quality) and implement corrective measures as necessary
– Provide Subcontractors status report on weekly and monthly basis
– Ensure Regulatory requirements are specified in subcontacts and verify compliance
– Ensure Class and Verifier requirements in subcontracts and vendor documents
– Manage the Supplier relationships through online and face to face negotiations to ensure maximum supplier and sub-contractor performance at all times.
– Assist in assessment of received Variation Order Requests in order to ensure supplier and sub-contractors entitlement and calculations are correct.
– Support technical and commercial evaluation of received Variation Order Requests.
– Negotiate cost and assess schedule impact for additional work before issuing a Variation Order
– Participate in internal and external audits as required.
– Ensure good working relationship with the different stakeholders
– Liaise between subcontactors, internal departments and other parties as required
Qualifications and Experience
– Formal education within Engineering/Contracts/Law/BusinessAdministration at minimum bachelor level, preferably master-degree or similar. Relevant project experience will be assessed on same level as a master-degree.
– 10+ years of relevant experience within vendor/contracts/subcontracts management, 5 years within oil & gas and minimum 5 years within major capital projects.
– Strong knowledge and proven experience in management of Oil & Gas project construction and installation contracts from pre-award to handover
– Knowledge and understanding of contract processes in projects
– Experienced in handling capital budget, subcontractors remuneration terms and variations over a full project lifecycle
– Strong negotiations skills. – Strong leadership, people- and coaching skills.
– Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: