Subsea Controls Eng – Arendal
Work location: Arendal
Duration: ASAP .- 2 years (to be confirmed in mid-October)
• Function as a technical lead/specialist in a large EPCI/ System type projects, with responsibility for the work scope and milestones.
• Support to system design in large subsea project proposals and equipment contract
• Define procurement specifications for large subsea hardware such as topside and subsea control systems, manifolds, valves, connectors, PLET/PLEMs, Umbilical Termination Assemblies and Power Umbilicals
• Interface between subsea and topside/FPSO disciplines across the full subsea supply chain.
• Technical System management during the execution phase of projects
• System Integration Testing definition, planning and execution.
• Handling the system selection, FEED, and execution phases of prospect subsea development
• Subsea Control System Structures design and support procurement of this within the project team.
• Development of subsea control system field concepts and optimization in relation to Company strategy
• Work in multiple assignments and be flexible to travel for short assignments onshore and offshore
• Master’s degree in Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree or long relevant experience may replace formal education
• BOSIET, and other offshore survival courses can be completed after hiring
• Ideally 10 years of relevant experience within the shipping and offshore industry
• Ideally 5 years of experience within the SURF, FPSO and Offshore Renewables industry
• Lead experience onshore and offshore
• Team player with the ability to lead
• Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
• Strong communication skills and the ability to ask relevant questions and provide thorough explanations
• Ability to deliver in a high pressure, fast pace project environment
• Ability to deliver high quality work on time
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary / multinational environment
• Excellent managerial skills
• Ability to think strategically
• Good exposure to Subsea Controls Equipment (Turret, topsides hardware, umbilical’s, distribution systems and tree equipment)
• In depth knowledge Electrical, Instrument & Hydraulic design
• Strong subsea ‘generalist’ background including experience with layout and concept selection
• Offshore experience with Construction on FPSO or construction vessels
• Engineering design and fabrication activities and FAT tasks
• Familiarity with SURF equipment, including familiarity with material selection
• Fluency of ERP systems and strong competency in Microsoft Office
• In depth knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification and verification societies and international rules and regulations
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
• The position may require temporary assignments at project premises or on-board offshore units
• The position may require heavy travel and long working hours in peak periods
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager