Supplier Quality Engineer – Kongsberg
Work Location: Kongsberg
Start date: ASAP – 6 months
- Actively participates and contributes to the quality control and quality assurance efforts for the business. Executes quality into planning and actions.
- Ensures that related Quality documents are updated when API & Engineering specifications and applicable processes are revised. Assists in the standardization of quality process and systems within the function.
- Proactively identifies areas to enable the organization’s shift toward process intervention. Assists in the implementation and effective deployment of process and procedure changes.
- Works with Quality System team and other internal organizational functions to develop and/or refine existing reports to make data management easier, give clear visibility to performance trends, and make data access easier. Works to continually improve the reporting capabilities of SAP.
- Across the data systems (NCR, FNCRs, FTRs) – identifies trends and performance gaps. Monitors transactions in SAP for QNs and SNs ensuring actions are timely and accurate. Provides continuous improvement feedback to the organization.
- Performs analysis and recommends improvements to the current methods for analyzing data. Develops new reports and modifies existing reports as needed. Establishes trend lines /control limits and process performance on various data reports both internal and external (both Customer and Supplier).
- Works with Product Quality Engineers to develop and refine metrics to identify product lines where consistently high non-conformances are present. Assists in analysis of data to determine if engineering or manufacturing related.
- Performs and may lead internal or external quality audits.
- Works with Project Quality Engineers to develop standard reports on quality functions such as Field Performance (also ties with Reliability), and other related internal quality measures.
- Proactively identifies areas to enable the organization’s shift toward Globalization and Standardization.
- Assists in the continuous improvement of the quality systems.
Job challenges: (State the main issues/opposing demands the job may have to resolve and the scope for continuous improvement/improved service levels)
- Maintaining a professional people focused approach when in relationships with staff and visitors
- Support multiple stakeholders and deal with conflicting demands in a controlled and objective manner whilst maintaining a proactive attitude
- Time management – prioritising business critical issues against routine and development opportunities with a determination to deliver and close out approvals within timescales required
- Work across various software systems to provide a high quality of service to all internal and external process users and customers
- Sigma Greenbelt or equivalent certification preferred
- Ability to lead improvements projects and facilitate required
- Fundamental understanding of foundational quality principles outlined by; Deming, Juran, and Crosby
- Possess good PC skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, statistical analysis software, and presentation software
- Must have good people skills, presentation skills and ability to train
- Knowledge of design processes
- Possess the ability to manage the Control of Non Conformances to include obtaining dispositions and verifying proper execution through resolution
- Understand the concepts and application of problem solving methodologies such as 6 Sigma and 8D and the concepts of 5S and Lean
- Understand the interactions between industry/regulatory standards, customer requirements.
- Understand core manufacturing processes such as; forging, fabrication, machining, coating and welding
- Understand industry standard testing such as liquid penetrant, mag particle, x-ray, UT, and pressure testing (gas/hydro)
- Understand audit processes and best practices; both as an auditor and auditee related to ISO 9001/API Q1
- Must be innovative and decisive
- BS or MS in engineering/technical or equivalent recognition in a technical or quality field
- Company Product Knowledge
Key Skills: (outline specific skills requirements required for the role, both technical and personal)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative approach
- Team player
- Organized and structured
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Lars Petter Rørstad
Senior Recruitment Manager