Supply Chain Manager – Ship Support Services – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Supply Chain Manager – Ship Support Services located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This is a permanent full-time role.
The Supply Chain Manager will manage the teams responsible for supporting ships under construction and in warranty and who are responsible for subcontracting onsite services and turnkey subcontractors. This position will lead teams supporting complex shipbuilding programs for the Canadian Navy and Canadian Coast Guard.
- Liaise daily with shipyard counterparts to understand the build program’s priorities
- Work with counterparts across the supply chain organization to status, prioritize, and expedite material and services necessary to meet cost targets and schedule milestones
- Oversee the supply chain team responsible for the ship warranty program ensuring the warranty team is receiving the supply chain support required
- Support your team with contract generation, negotiation, execution, and maintenance
- Develop a contracting and relationship strategy with subcontractors including solicitation documentation
- Negotiation of pricing and terms including flow down of customer requirements and deliverables, with appropriate risk sharing
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and agreed program schedules
- Monitor KPIs
- Build and maintain a high performing relationship at all levels between the company and the sub-contractors
- Continually seek and implement improvement opportunities within the scope of the subcontractor relationships
- Compliance with all applicable legislation including health and safety
- Academically qualified with a recognized university bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role in naval shipbuilding or related industry
- Proven experience leading, mentoring, and coaching a high performing team
- Experience working with long term multi-million dollar contracts involving complex risk management
- Good analysis and presentation abilities, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Professional expertise and leadership, with strong attention to detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Communication and organization skills
- Ability to be tactical and strategic and to prioritize tasks accordingly
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: