Total Rewards Lead – Oakville
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Total Rewards Lead located in Oakville, ON
The Total Rewards (TR) Lead is responsible for the execution of the client’s Total Rewards programs which includes Compensation, Benefits, and Pension employee programs. This involves reviewing all aspects of Total Rewards programs and providing recommendations for changes and improvements in order for the organization to deliver cost effective, while at the same time valuable programs, that are current with market practice. The TR Lead supports senior management in the development of the Total Rewards Strategy through research, analysis, recommendations. In addition, the TR Lead maintains ongoing effective and efficient processes through regular review and improvements including implementation of Human Resources technology, as well as supporting the business with education on the application of the TR programs.
Most critical responsibilities of the job in their order of importance.
- Manage the annual compensation planning cycle, including base salary review, and short and long-term incentive payments. Develop annual time lines, gather market insights and make recommendations, and prepare and distribute data and communications. Coordinate and provide support to HR team and management in the completion of worksheets. Consolidate data and prepare reports for approval of payments.
- Ensure the execution of the Compensation program aligns with the Company’s Compensation Philosophy by participating in annual compensation surveys, analyzing data for internal equity and external competitiveness, and providing recommendations regarding individual employee pay as well as compensation structure. Monitors the compensation program to ensure compliance with applicable laws and standards by maintaining up to date information on employment law and market trends in compensation practice. Conduct the implementation of any pay changes as identified.
- Maintain the job hierarchy by completing job evaluations, role change requests and by assigning pay grades utilizing the job evaluation tool in collaboration with the HR team and managers. Monitor the effectiveness of the program and recommend changes if required.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new Compensation programs such as base pay and incentive pay by providing research on market practices, collaborating with consultants, providing recommendations, and delivering implementation.
- Manage the effectiveness of the Benefits program by monitoring the utilization and costs and identifying issues or improvements. Lead discussions with stakeholders (insurance provider, broker, and management) to resolve issues, implement processes, and manage the annual premium renewal.
- Administer the Pension program by conducting compliance procedures (e.g. annual financial filing) with government regulator, participating in the Pension Committee, managing relationships with the provider and consultants, employee communication, and executing ongoing administrative procedures.
- Participate in the development and implementation of TRS strategic initiatives by preparing analysis and recommendations, as well as presentation materials to be presented to Executive Team and the Board for approval.
- Participate in the implementation of broad HR technology for the full employee life cycle and maintain the functionality ongoing. Lead the implementation and ongoing system updates of the modules related to Total Rewards, including creating supporting standard operating procedures.
- Maintain effectiveness and efficiency of all TR processes and procedures by regularly reviewing, making recommendations for changes, and executing the updates including documentation and communication. This includes the full employee life cycle – new hires, changes, disability, and termination of employment/retirement.
- Ensure that TR programs are understood and applied appropriately by providing education, advice, and information to the HR team as well as employees and managers as required.
- Provide support for the Performance Management Program by assisting with delivering sessions to the departments.
- Produce various reports and data as required.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive. Other duties may be required.
Education & Training
- Post secondary degree or diploma in related discipline
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred
- Certified Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred
- 5 to 7 years experience in a Total Rewards role, preferably within a Corporate Human Resources function
- Experience in Canadian compensation required
- Experience with developing and executing job evaluation systems, pay structures, variable pay, managing annual compensation planning, and conducting competitive pay analysis
- Knowledge of pay equity legislation and employment law
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and work with ambiguity
- Ability to work with a high sense of urgency and with flexibility
- Strong research skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables, complex calculations for compensation modelling, and multiple regression
- Strong MS PowerPoint skills, and ability to compose and deliver effective presentations
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Organizational skills and ability to keep multiple projects progressing and on track for a timely delivery
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex reports and data sets
- Ability to work independently
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter