Tunnel Civil Engineer 6 – Las Vegas/Phoenix
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following the following opportunity: Tunnel Civil Engineer 6.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity within their Tunnel and Heavy Civil Business Solutions Practice!
- This position will provide engineering and construction related planning, design, analysis, oversight and studies for tunnels and other Heavy Civil projects.
- Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role.
- Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
- May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
- Anchor project may include the Horizon Lateral Project for the Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA).
- SNWA’s Horizon Lateral Project is an essential component to delivering a reliable water source to the Valley and includes design and construction of large-diameter steel pipe (120-inch to 72-inch), hard and soft ground tunnels, pump stations, buried reservoirs, rate of flow control structures, valve vaults and other appurtenances. This program is in the Preliminary Design phase and will be advancing to final design in late 2022/early 2023.
- Proactively provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Company policies
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines
- Independently applies knowledge and ensures compliance with Company quality program
- Establishes related processes, and promotes a culture that is conducive to quality
- Provides guidance and direction to others
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Develops and applies advanced engineering solutions to complex problems
- Reviews lower-level engineering work or assignments
- Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for projects
- Establishes work plan to be applied to a given project
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on complex projects
- Typically responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines
- Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects
- Focuses on client’s current needs and situations
- Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities
People Management – (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- Typically oversees performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions
Resource Management – (budgets, tools, processes, project support):
- Implements resource management strategy
- Manages engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline
- Resolves resource conflicts and identifies training needs
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: