Wellsite Geologist Consultant – NL
Dovre Group is pleased to recruit for the following position for Equinor: Wellsite Geologist Consultant located Offshore, NL
Contribute to safe, correct and cost efficient operations and that all wellsite related geological and reservoir technical work is performed in accordance with well activity program and best practice routines.
The Wellsite Geologists reports offshore to the Drilling Supervisor and the Operations Geologist onshore.
- Contribute to obtain Equinor’ s HSE goals by active participation in the HSE work on the rig/platform.
- Ensure compliance with Equinor’s security requirements.
- Ensure that established routines for wellsite geology work is being followed.
- Continuously follow up well signals and evaluate pore pressure and borehole stability. Contribute to avoid well control incidents. (Extremely important for HPHT wells)
- Ensure that data acquisition is performed in accordance with activity program, detailed operations procedures and best practice.
- Perform quality control of drilling and geological data related to formation evaluation.
- Supervise service companies related to data acquisition.
- Immediately inform the Drilling Supervisor about geo operational issues that can influence safety, cost or well objectives.
- Advise on geological and reservoir technical issues
- Ensure that all non-conformances are immediately discussed with the Operations Geologist, and properly documented.
- Keep the Operations Geologist continuously posted about well status.
- Prepare preliminary interpretations based on all data available and contribute to the final geological well products.
- Ensure that geological reports and logs are prepared and finalized.
Wellsite geologists involved in drilling of HPHT wells shall be competent and familiar with the equipment and operational procedures. The following E-learning courses are mandatory:
- Well integrity basic
- D&W safety standard
- Master degree and 4+ years relevant experience (including HPHT experience) OR
- Bachelor degree an 6+ years relevant experience (including HPHT experience)
- Understand and manage risk.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Able to work systematically and structured Can work independently
- HSE follow-up and compliance
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: