Environmental Professional – Mount Pearl
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Environmental Professional located in Mount Pearl, NL
This is a full time permanent position.
Our client is looking for a motivated and skilled Environmental Professional to join their Team. The position provides the opportunity to primarily support the growing team in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and across Canada. You will work with a team of engineers, and environmental scientists on a variety of environmental projects in support of infrastructure and land development, renewable energy development and mine development.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Involved in the planning, development and execution of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)/Environmental Assessments (EAs) for proposed development projects in various industry sectors under provincial and/or federal processes.
- Planning, execution, and management of field programs/surveys relevant to the assessment of avifauna, wildlife, vegetation (including rare plants), aquatics, wetlands, species at risk, etc.
- Involved in coordinating, preparing, and reviewing provincial and federal environmental permitting applications and the development of required off-setting plans with varying degrees of complexity.
- Preparation of proposals, environmental reports, and associated data analysis.
- Collaboration with other staff and offices on environmental permitting and related environmental projects of various sizes.
- Involved in coordinating and completing environmental and socioeconomic studies, Aboriginal, stakeholder, and public consultation programs.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- At minimum, an undergraduate degree in a related field, with minimum 5-10 years of experience.
- A demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills (English), as well as strong organizational abilities, and the capability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time with a view to delivery of a quality product on time and on budget.
- An understanding of mine development, operation and closure, would be considered an asset.
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 may be a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter