HR Superintendent – Northern Canada
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: HR Superintendent located in Northern Canada
Mission for this Position
The Human Resources Superintendent provides Human Resources (HR) Employee Relations (ER) and Labour Relations (LR) support to our client’s work sites. This will include ensuring that both client employees as well as site contractors understand and adhere to our clients Policies and Partnership Agreement, the Inuit Impact Benefit Agreement (IIBA), and all project certificate requirements. During operations the role will provide support to the site leaders on a range of HR. LR and ER matters including leadership development, performance management, corrective actions, training implementation and ensuring that the IIBA is understood and adhered to. The role will also be a key support in coaching and maintaining a link between the HR and LR Advisors on both rotations and aiding in their development and growth as true business partners.
- Be a courageous safety leader; adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedure compliance to site OHS standards as well as participating in safety initiatives, hazard identification, toolbox talks and layered audits.
- In conjunction with the LR and HR Managers, provide consistent operationally focused direction for the HR and LR functions on site.
- Lead the mine’s HR projects and benchmarking activities, ensuring HR initiatives provide a return on investment and best practices are consistent across both rotations and under both LR and HR functions.
- Assist in the development, implementation and interpretation of policies and procedures and support of the Partnership Agreement to ensure a consistent and harmonious workplace and a strong union, management and employee relationship.
- Coordinate the collection of data for the IIBA and project certificate reporting, and analyzing the date to identify trends to drive improvements.
- Provide advice to line managers on HR, LR and ER matters including performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, recruitment and training and development.
- Ensure IIBA and project certificate conditions are met in relation to site activities including Cultural Advisor support, EFAP support and the coordination of monitoring data.
- Ensure an HR presence at site by attending morning line-ups, tool box meetings and social activities that increase HR exposure to the work crews and understanding of the issues and concerns facing all staff.
- Provide guidance and advice in the areas of organizational structure, employee development and training, salary/benefits administration, diversity and communications.
- Lead local site processes of effective Performance Management, Employee Relations, and Talent Management which includes retention, succession management, leadership development and training.
- Oversight/coaching of the HR/LR Advisors and Direct Supervision of Site HR Administrators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Commerce; Major in Human Resources
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in progressive HR and LR roles with 2-3 years in a leadership capacity
- Strong technical/functional knowledge of labour relations, employee relations and human resources.
- Competent with office technology such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint applications
- Strong understanding of HRIS Systems – SAP Success Factors experience desired
- Remote mining sector experience including managing fly-in, fly-out (FIFO)
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Adaptable, willing to learn, self-motivated and fair
- An understanding of mining operations or industrial/construction workplaces
- Experience with far north cold climate environments is an asset.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter