Marine Engineer – Newcastle
Project phase: Pre-FEED; FEED
PMC Contract End Date: Dec 2024
The candidate must be familiar with different types of vessels such as tugboats, pollution control vessels, jack-up barges, maintenance vessels and other marine vessels. The candidate must have experience related to the design/construction of marine structures such as breakwater, finger piers, quay walls and dry docks. The candidate should also be familiar with wave analysis. He/she shall review design drawings and documents, material and equipment specifications, resolve related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards. Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, calculation methods, design details, international codes & standards, procedures and specifications is required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Review, participate, guide and manage the PMC Contractor in developing the technical specifications package as defined in the various Work Element Releases (WER’s).
• Review all technical documents, follow up with technical matters and provide feedback to the Lead/Sr. Project Engineer.
• Provide technical support to the project management team and engage on any specialty services related to the discipline required.
• Resolve specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards.
• Ensure that the job progresses as per schedule.
Educational & Technical Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Marine Engineering / Civil engineering / Naval Architectural.
• 10 -15 years of relevant working experience in Marine Systems Engineering and Design (Preferably on Pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed phase).
• Has been involved with projects in the FEED stage and has extensive knowledge and experience in reviewing engineering documents and drawings
• Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods and design details.
• Good interface knowledge with related disciplines i.e. E&I, Piping, HVAC, Process & Technical Safety
• Preferably working experience in/ with Shipyards, Shipboard Operation, Marine Equipment Vendor and Manufacturer
• Familiar with the latest (marine) systems and equipment technology and having the ability to specify and judge the suitability of equipment, while keeping a good balance between technological advancement and commercial awareness
• Have experience with review methods, such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA etc.
• Good working knowledge of Aramco standards and procedures and International standards
• Aramco standards knowledge is a plus.
• Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
• Plan & Organize
• Analyze & Solve problems
• Communicating openly & effectively
• Incorporate Technical Knowledge
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: