Package Responsible Buyer – Dubai
Role Summary The Package Responsible Buyer reporting to Project Procurement & Subcontract Manager will be an integral part of Knarr LLC/AIP post-FEED/Execution Project Team, working collaboratively with his/her counterparts within the JV, internal stakeholders in the project, and AIP organisation. He/she is accountable for the procurement activities as set out below, ensuring compliance with the project and any AIP requirements for provisions of goods and services across the project.
– Ensure that all activities are carried out in conformance with laws and regulations, contractual requirements, Altera policies and according to Altera Supply Chain procedures and processes
– Ensure that all procurement activities in the project are performed in accordance with the project specific requirements. Provide procurement support across the Project – Issue, follow-up and update POs. Ensure correct cost coding as per instructions given by budget owners and aligned with project budget
– Keep accurate records of all procurement files and use them as a reference for future activities. – Ensure Star FSM data for assigned PRs/POs reflects correct values, statuses and other data parameters used for accruals reporting, dashboards and other data, such as spend-analysis. – Maximize opportunities for cost-effective purchasing activities. Ensure best possible price, delivery, quality, and level of service are achieved.
– Manage and follow-up purchasing processes from requisition to invoice received, including commercial review of invoices and provide input to reporting of POu0002accruals, in close cooperation with Project Control. Establish and update Company’s Project Procurement Plan and interface towards the Project Schedule and Plan. Liase with Contractor on Contractor’s Project Milestone Plan and Schedule.
– Follow up subcontracted procurement scopes with Contractor and Company’s own subcontractors
– Support with strategic sourcing where necessary – Develop tender packages, lead or participate in tender processes, facilitate for technical clarifications if needed, and perform commercial evaluation of bids and negotiations with Contractors. – Issue Purchasing Package Strategies and Vendor Recommendation and Evaluation Reports, and other project specific deliverables for presentation to Management and Procurement Committee, if required
– Liaise with internal stakeholders and Contractor to ensure the commercial and technical basis is adequately matured for the various stages of procurement activity e.g. RFI, RFQ, Contract Award, PO etc. – Ensure the Project Approved Supplier Base are followed at all times.
– Ensure POs are issued according to project and AIP internal processes and procedures. Ensure invoices are handled according to AIP and project specific established procedure Follow up and facilitate for project approval processes for PO’s – Assist in assessment of received Variation Order Requests in order to ensure supplier and subcontractors entitlement and calculations are correct. Liase with Change Management to
– Support technical and commercial evaluation of received Variation Order Requests. Support with/negotiate cost and assess schedule impact for additional work before issuing a Variation Order.
– Liase with Contractor’s and own Logistics Coordinator to plan and follow-up logistics activities to ensure best and most cost-effective method for shipment and delivery of goods is chosen.
– Liase with Storekeeper to follow-up goods receipt at Site, deviations in delivery, return of material or disputes, until credit notes are received. Collaborate with stakeholders for accurate PO close-out.
– Feed back information on any Claims and Warranty issues to Claims & Warrany Manager and other relevant stakeholders
– Report contractor, subcontractor and vendor deviations if notified by Contract Owner or stakeholders and propose and close corrective actions as per AP302.
– Monitor, manage and ensure closing of recorded Vendor Deviations and actions. Ensure necessary actions are taken in cooperation with the PMT and HSE Manager.
– Support with Procurement Controlling and reporting activities
– Ensure good working relationship with the different internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
– Formal education within Procurement and Supply Chain Management (SCM) at minimum bachelor level
– 10+ years of relevant experience, 5 years within oil & gas projects
– Experienced within tendering, negotiations and contracting work
– Experience in purchasing gained within offshore / marine industry
– Knowledge of contracts and procurement in the offshore / marine industry
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; knowledge of STAR FSM, Eye Share and SAP is an advantage
– Analytical, problem solving, time management and coordination skills – Ability to work independently and in an effective manner
– Strong communication, coordination, and collaboration skills – Strong commitment, business- and work ethics, especially within anti-corruption
– Flexible, fast-learning and -adapting
– Fluent business English; fluent Norwegian is an advantage
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: